You can highlight all the beats on your Plot Board that contain specific storylines, characters, and locations with the ‘Filter beats’ tool.
- Click the ‘Filter beats’ icon in the tool-bar or use the keyboard shortcut ‘Shift + Cmd + F’
- Select the story element(s) you want to highlight by using the search bar at the top or
- You can use the down arrow ↓ to find the story element(s).
- Use the right arrow → to select that element. Use the right arrow → again to deselect it.
- You can also choose the currently selected element and close the window by hitting ‘Return’
- To close the window without selecting anything, click away or hit ‘Esc’
The beats containing all the story elements you selected will be highlighted on the Plot Board.
To remove the filters, click the ‘Filter beats’ icon again and select ‘Clear filters.’