With Arc Studio, your script is always safe. It’s automatically saved both locally and to the cloud. Let us show you how to set up Arc Studio for maximum safety in this product guide.
Online & Offline Work
Arc Studio is cloud-first and automatically syncs all changes to our servers. Look out for the green checkmark next to the title at the top of the screen to be sure that everything was saved.
Arc Studio supports working offline seamlessly. All changes are kept locally and synced when you go back online.
It is possible and recommended to set up local backups in the desktop app, especially when working offline.
To set up your local back-up, go to the Desk, and open the Settings Menu.
- Select “Profile” on the left
- Click "Choose local backup directory".
3. Create or choose an existing folder on your hard drive.
Your account will now show the directory where your files are backed up:
Please note, you can only back up files locally from the Arc Studio Pro desktop application.
Google Drive Back-Up
It is possible to set up automatic cloud backups through Google Drive in the Settings menu.
- Select “Profile” on the left and scroll to “Cloud Backups”
- Click “Connect Google Drive”
- Authorize Arc Studio Pro to access your Google Drive, and choose a Drive location to automatically back up your script files.
- The Google Drive directory will now appear in your Automatic Backups. You can also choose your backup formats.
In addition to local and drive backups, Arc Studio Pro backs up your files internally for extra data safety.
- Data Encryption: Data is encrypted in transit and encrypted at rest, but not end to end encrypted.
- Access to Data: If you encounter a problem or want us to recover data that you deleted, we always ask for permission to access any scripts first. We will never access your scripts without permission.
- Working Offline on Browser: Browser supports offline work, but not backups, so we don’t recommend working in the browser for extended periods of time while offline.