In the Settings menu, you can add intro pages that won’t affect the page count of your script. These pages could hold a quote or be used for cast and set lists in production.
- Access the Settings menu with the keyboard short cut
⌘ ,or by clicking the Settings ‘gear icon’ and then clicking ‘All settings’
- Select ‘Headers and Footers’ in the menu on the left.
- Next to ‘Intro pages’ enter the number of pages you wish to add.
- Return to your script and place your cursor before the first scene heading.
- Use the keyboard shortcut
⌘ ⌥ Fto open the formatting menu and use the dropdown menu to change top-spacing to ‘Page break’
- Click out of the menu, place your cursor before your first scene heading, and hit
Congratulations! You’ve created an intro page that won’t be included in your script’s page count. If you chose more than 1 intro pages in step 3, repeat steps 4-6 for as many intro pages as you’ve chosen.